Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Nihon Kai Japanese Restaurant @ Old Klang Road, Kuala Lumpur

Rating:
  • Food (1-10): 7.5
  • Price (1-10): 7
  • Environment (1-10): 7
11 January 2011: Nihon Kai Japanese Restaurant is located off Old Klang Road. It's an air-conditioned, double-storey, corner-lot shop house. It's surrounded by residential houses and there are limited parking lots available for Nihon Kai customers. Hence, looking for a parking lot can be quite challenging especially during peak hour (lunch and dinner time).

There are seats available at both ground and first floor. There are also a few private rooms available at first floor for gatherings and events. The menu includes wide range of Japanese food such as sashimi, sushi, bento set, noodles, don, etc... Since we wish to have a simple and light lunch, we decided to try their Don (rice bowl dishes), because I don't think I can finish their set meals.

Before I proceed with my comments, I would like to emphasize that I'm not a Japanese food lover :P. Here's what we had...


  • Oyako Don (RM11++) -> Cooked chicken and vegetables with egg and miso soup. The portion is too big for me, especially the rice (I'm not a rice lover). I only managed to finish half of it. The pieces of cooked chicken are quite fine and tender but the sauce did not really absorb into the chicken. Instead of the chicken, the egg is actually the tasty part of it.
  • Katsu Don (RM14++) -> Fried chicken with egg, onion and miso soup. The skin of fried chicken is quite crispy but again, not tasty enough.
This restaurant is normally quite fully occupied. I believe there's something worth eating here but I have yet to find out what is it. Maybe Don is not their specialty or maybe I do not know how to appreciate Japanese food :D

Here's the location and information of Nihon Kai Japanese Restaurant:
Address: No 4-2, Jalan Telok Gadong, Off Jalan Klang Lama, 58100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-79823668
Business Hour: Lunch (12pm-3pm), Dinner (6pm-10pm)


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment