Friday, March 4, 2011

Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh @ Mid Valley Megamall

Rating:
  • Food (1-10): 7.5
  • Price (1-10): 7
  • Environment (1-10): 7
4 March 2011: Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh (宝香绑线肉骨茶) specializes in string tied bak kut teh. In accordance with traditional culinary methods, the pork is tied with cotton string to keep its shape and texture, as well as to lock in the intricate flavour during the stewing process. Pao Xiang in Mid Valley Megamall is located at the end lot of boulevard area. I personally think that lot is not strategically located.

Anyway, here's the menu and price list:


I would like to emphasize on the price of various types of tea here. Normally a waiter will go around with a basket of different types of tea, asking which tea do you want. If you are having a budget conscious meal, kindly refuse any type of chinese tea there because they cost RM7 to RM12 per tea bag.

Put the tea topic aside, you can choose the type of pork you would like to have from the menu. There are various types of pork served in very small bowl. Here's what we had...

  • Pan Fei Soul (半肥瘦/猪踝肉) (RM13++) -> Pork with partially thin and fat meat. Very tasty and tender. Worth a try.
  • Go Hui (肉骨/五花) (RM13++) -> Pork with bones (non-fatty). Not bad. Not as tasty as "Pan Fei Soul".
  • Vege (Yau Mark) (RM10++) -> Normal.
I personally do not really enjoy the bak kut teh in Pao Xiang. I prefer the type of bak kut teh with more soup. Bak kut teh in Pao Xiang is served with very small amount of soup, which actually looks more like sauce. Besides, I think the food and beverages there are overpriced, considering the ambience there is nothing worth paying for.

Here's the location and contact of Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh @ Mid Valley Megamall...
Address: Lot G(E)-020, Ground External Floor, Mid Valley Megamall, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-22829087


View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. Hi All Eater,

    Date : 08/04/2012

    I just visited your Klang Centro branch and had my worst experience ever in Pao Xiang.

    I thought my experience in Pao Xiang Berkeley Klang is bad enough but the Klang Centro is the worst.

    Very very regret I still give Pao Xiang a chance to proof it is a good restaurant to have a good dinner.

    Will NEVER NEVER go to ANY PX BRANCH for myself and my family or my friend.

    The food is still OK but the customer service at both shop is so terrible terrible terrible.

    I being to Kepong Branch and the service there is GOOD.

    Regret to visit PX and made my dinner such a ad experience. Rather go to any restaurant around than this PX.

    I tried give my comment to the PX management through their website but the comment segment not even working.

    Regards,
    UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER

    ReplyDelete