- Food (1-10): 9
- Price (1-10): -
- Environment (1-10): 8.5
Our wedding dinner will be held on 6th May 2012. We signed up the wedding dinner package at the price of RM1188++ per table. This is inclusive of the usage of the grand ballroom with some wedding decoration, 1 night stay in the bridal suite, complimentary food tasting session for 10 pax, etc...
We are required to set the date of food testing session to be at least 1 month before our wedding dinner. Hence, we decided to have it on 17 March. We invited some close relatives and friends for the session. Here are what we had...
- Harmony of Four Celebration Platter (Crispy Cheese Roll, Breaded Crab Claws, Octopus on Jellyfish & Sliced Abalone on Mango Salad) -> I did not have chance to snap the photo of the full plate because the waiter straightaway served it to our individual plates. This dish is generally alright for me. I'm not a fan of the typical first dish in Chinese wedding dinner.
- Braised Seafood Soup -> Since the hotel is not serving shark's fin, it will be braised seafood soup for this second dish. This is really tasty and the texture is just right, neither too thick nor too watery. No complaint.
- Roasted Golden Chicken topped with Crackers -> The chicken meat is tasty, tender and juicy. The skin is crispy. However, the crackers are not crispy enough. Some of my guests suggested to serve with some sauce, hence the chef agreed to serve it with sesame sauce on the actual day.
- Steamed Red Garoupa with Premium Soya Sauce -> The fish is fresh and steamed to perfection. It's fine, tender, juicy and tasty. Most of my guests like this dish.
- Stir Fried Buttered Prawns with Curry Leaves -> Prawns and big and fresh. Taste quite good. No complaint.
- Braised Tau Kan and Wild Mushrooms on Brassica -> I normally don't expect much from this dish, as long as nothing goes wrong. No complaint.
- Steamed Pearl Glutinous Rice in Lotus Leaves -> According to the wedding planner, this is the favourite dish in their wedding dinner menu and I do agree with it. The glutinous rice is really tender and really tasty.... The best glutinous rice I've ever eaten. My guests love this.
- Hot Double Boiled Lotus Seeds with Pak Hup -> This tastes quite good except for the Pak Hup which is a bit sourish. According to the chef, sometimes dried Pak Hup might be sourish. To solve this problem, he suggested to serve fresh Pak Hup on the actual day.
- Deep Fried Lotus Pancake -> This is my favourite dessert during wedding dinner. However, it's slightly too oily during food tasting and we feedback to the chef. He noted my comment and promised to make sure it won't happen on the actual day. He really did it.
Here's the location and contact of Sunway Putra Hotel:
Address: Sunway Putra Hotel, Putra Place, 100 Jalan Putra, 50350 Kuala Lumpur.
GPS Coordinates: 3.16659, 101.69304